Aug 27, 2012

Things I am currently loving...

Life is good right now, here are some things i am currently loving....

1- That i can finally say.....I am going to be an Aunt!  Lora and Matt are expecting a precious little baby at the end of Feb.  To say i am excited is an understatement.  Their journey to this point has been a long one and i couldn't be more thrilled for them.  I am very much looking forward to having another niece or nephew!

2- That i got a call from the doctor today about my recent blood work.  Everything looks normal, while this doesn't resolve my issues, it is definitely a relief to hear this news.

3- My new ear buds that i recently got.  My mom gave me a pair- she uses them and loves them.  If you haven't tried yurbuds, i would highly recommend them.  They are so comfortable and stay put while i work out.  They are a little pricey- but in my opinion worth the extra money!

4- For the last week and a half- i have been back on the body by vi shakes for breakfast and lunch.  My favorite is the iced coffee.  SO GOOD.  Here is how i make mine...

4 ounces (1/2 cup) of silk soy lite
4 ounces (1/2 cup) of water
2 scoops of bbv shake mix
1 teaspoon of instant coffee
1 single serving pack of Maxwell House International Iced Coffee Mix- Iced French Vanilla
Ice

If you like iced coffee, you will love this!  You really don't need to add the instant coffee- but i like the extra coffee flavor it adds.

5- That i made my first trip to Whole Foods this weekend.  It was so fun- what can i say, it doesn't take much to entertain me!  Chris and I have been trying to eat as clean as possible- so far WF has not dissapointed.

6- That i have tried so many new recipes for dinner lately.  Like i said, we are trying to eat as clean and natural as possible.  Since i am 'shaking' for breakfast and lunch- i have spent some time in the kitchen making some new recipes for dinner.  I found a site that i really like- it is :  budgetbytes(dot)com.  She has a lot of good, budget conscious recipes.  Our favorite so far is - a chorizo and sweet potato enchilada recipe.  I made them over the weekend and 1 small enchilada was enough to fill me up.  We will be trying a couple other recipes from her site this week- i will probably do a recipe review next week.

7- My Chris man- he is just a sweet one.  He has been really supportive in my weight loss journey- he gets up with me every morning that i work out and goes to the gym with me.  It has been really nice to have him by my side in all of this.  I am also loving that he is back in school- i helped him with some homework last night, and whew i am a little rusty with the whole school thing.  I ended the night of homework with a headache....haha.  But it really makes me proud that he is back in school- i am really excited for him.


We have a lot going on this week- I cannot believe August is almost over!
      

2 comments:

  1. It must not take much to entertain me either. I went to the grand opening at Whole Foods here because I was so excited about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you have a great husband!!! I am so proud of you and you are going to be great aunt!

    ReplyDelete