Jul 7, 2011

The countdown is on....

The wedding countdown is officially on!!!
One month from yesterday we will be in Florida!  I absolutely cannot wait- 4 more weeks is all i have left....i can do this!  Rebecca, we can totally find a way to bring you along!! :)

The last 'big' thing i have to check off my list (besides saying i do) is having my bridal portraits done. I was scheduled to have them taken today- however the weather is not looking very accommodating.  I am bummed to say the least.  I have a back up day- but i had already gotten everything lined up:  hair, makeup, time off of work, bouquet, nails done, etc.  So the portrait has been cancelled and rescheduled for my backup day in late July- lets hope it doesn't rain that day too!  So now- I have a pretty bouquet and nothing to do with it- maybe i will just take it apart and put it in a vase. ha :)

Just for my own knowledge, here are the remaining things i need to get done for the wedding!
  • Fax the photographer the picture list- they will go by this the day of the wedding.  I need to make sure I'm not leaving any important pictures out!
  • Send the DJ (reception) the music list
  • Decide on a first dance song for Chris and I- we have it down to 2.  He likes one I like the other, go figure!
  • Find a reception dress- i have 3 ordered but they haven't come in yet- hopefully 1 of them works! :)
  • Grooms wedding attire- this has been one of the hardest things!  Who would have thought linen pants and a linen shirt would be so hard to find during summer?!?  I have a pair of pants ordered for him- again, they haven't come in yet. 
  • Marriage License- this is a biggie!  It wont be legal unless we get this.  We will be getting this first thing Monday morning once we arrive in FL.  I may have had a slight panic attack 2 days ago- i read that marriage licenses in FL have a 3 day hold on them.  Well if you do the math with me- get the license on Monday- it wont be valid until Thursday- we are getting married on Wednesday.....FAIL.  However, once i did more investigating it states that if both parties are not FL residents there is no hold.  WHEW!
  • First dance song for my dad and myself- he picked out the song he danced to with Lora so i know he will want to do that again.....i need to get on him about this!
  • First dance song for Chris and his mom- I need to remind my mother in law :)
  • Update Beazley and Dutches kennel cough vaccine.  Both of them will be boarded while we are in FL and will need up to date vaccines!
  • Get Chris a wedding gift!!!  I think i am going to get him a reel that he really wants- such a boy!
  • Figure out how to get all of my things to FL:  wedding dress, gifts for everyone, clothes, makeup, shoes, wedding bands, etc, etc, etc!!!
  • Finish the wedding day jewelry search- I've purchased a couple of necklaces but I'm not in love with any of them.  Sigh.
  • Pay our honeymoon reservation in full- doing that as we speak!!
  • Have my bachelorette party- next weekend WOOHOO

I think that covers everything- I am sure i will add to the list as we get closer but for now whats on there is more than enough to think about!

Hope y'all had a great holiday!

Let freedom ring!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's almost here!! So excited for you! Soak up the last month!! Can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete