Jul 26, 2011

Wedding Checklist Update!

Is it August 6th yet? 
We are now in the final countdown to our much anticipated trip to Florida to get married.....I.AM.SO.READY!

While i still have a lot of loose ends to tie up at work - i knocked a lot of wedding 'to-do's' off my list since the last update.

Below is an update to the last million or so couple of things i had left to do in regards to the wedding!

  • Fax the photographer the picture list- they will go by this the day of the wedding.  I need to make sure I'm not leaving any important pictures out!   Done!

  • Send the DJ (reception) the music list.  Still need to do this!

  • Decide on a first dance song for Chris and I- we have it down to 2.  He likes one I like the other, go figure! Still haven't decided on one....although I'm pretty sure we will be going with my choice :)

  • Find a reception dress- i have 3 ordered but they haven't come in yet- hopefully 1 of them works! :) This was a big fat FAIL.  All 3 of the dresses i ordered did not work- my original plan was to wear an ivory dress (not my wedding dress) to the reception.  Do you know how hard it is to find a semi- casual white or ivory dress......very hard.  So after 3 failed attempts and a lot of stress i am no longer attempting to wear a white/ivory dress to the reception.  Thanks to my dear friend Emily who is letting me borrow a beautiful blue dress of hers!  So- checking that off the list!

  • Grooms wedding attire.  Done- the shirt fits perfect and the pants are being altered as we speak!

  • Marriage License- Can't worry about until we are in Florida!

  • First dance song for my dad and myself-  Waiting on my dad!

  • First dance song for Chris and his mom-  Waiting on my MIL!

  • Update Beazley and Dutches kennel cough vaccine.  Both are heading to the doctor Thursday!

  • Get Chris a wedding gift!!!  I think i am going to get him a reel that he really wants- such a boy! I need to get on this!
  •  
  • Figure out how to get all of my things to FL:  wedding dress, gifts for everyone, clothes, makeup, shoes, wedding bands, etc, etc, etc!!!  I have decided it is going to be too hard (and expensive) to mail down all of the gifts i have for the people coming to FL with us.  Instead i will give the gifts out at the reception.

  • Finish the wedding day jewelry search- I've purchased a couple of necklaces but I'm not in love with any of them.  Sigh. Finally done with this- this was a major source of stress.  I ended up getting a really pretty necklace from Macy's - it wasn't what i was really going for, but is beautiful and will work nonetheless.

  • Pay our honeymoon reservation in full- Done!

  • Have my bachelorette party- next weekend WOOHOO Done- and it was SO MUCH FUN!

And last but not least....

Have my bridal portraits taken!  I am finally crossing this off the list TODAY, thank God!
**Please pray i dont melt in this heat....oye!

11 days until we are Key Largo bound.....and 15 days until we say 'I DO'!

No comments:

Post a Comment