Oct 26, 2011

Mid Week Brain Dump

Does anyone else feel like the week is dragging....i am pretty sure it should already be Friday....sigh!

Here are some random events/thoughts from the past week:

- Last Monday evening was spent at the emergency vet with both dogs in tow.  Chris got home from work to an  entire bottle of Ibuprofen chewed open and pills scattered all over the floor.  We got them to the vet (not knowing if they even consumed any pills)- only to leave with a bill (that covers 2 months of my mortgage payments)- which included:  medicine to induce vomiting, medicine to make them stop vomiting, a blood panel, 2 meds to take home, and an outpatient fee (whatever the hell that is). ugh.

- Chris and I went to the State Fair this past weekend.  This is the first time i have been in probably 10 years.  Can i say that i will be just fine if i never go back again?  Too many people with nothing better to do (ie teenagers up to no good).  I am honestly surprised we didn't see any fights, arguments, etc.  The only reason i went was for a caramel apple (and maybe some other delicious goodies!). :)

- I have been browsing for the perfect Christmas card- i know its early, but I'm excited to send them out seeing as it's my first Christmas as a Collins!  Zulily is running a special with Tiny Prints - offering $20 for $40 worth of Christmas Cards.  You can find the deal here- but hurry up, it ends 10/28!

- This Friday night Chris is going to an exhibition game in Chapel Hill.  I am kind of excited to have a Friday night at home, alone.  I plan on snuggling up with the dogs and watching movies!

- Saturday we are heading to Charlotte to spend the night with some friends.  Sunday morning we are getting up early to start tailgating for the Panthers vs. Vikings game.  This is my first NFL game- i am really excited! It also doesn't hurt that we have 2nd row seats..... :)  Let's just hope the weather is good and the Panthers play as good as they did last weekend! Ha

- I cannot believe Halloween is already here, where did October go?!?  My work always holds a costume contest - i never participate, but i am excited to see what people come up with this year!

- I have to take an exam for work on Friday.  I have been reminded recently how much i do not miss studying.

- Do any of you watch SOA (Sons of Anarchy)?  I did not think i would like the series- but it is SO good.  It is my Tuesday night treat these days!

- I REALLY need to get my hair done.  I should not be allowed in public with all of the gray hair i have right now.....my appointment next week cannot come soon enough!

- I know a lot of girls that are either pregnant or are having babies right now....it makes me have baby fever SO bad!  Poor Chris.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Yayy for baby fever. I am ready for you guys to have a baby now so get on it! : )

    ReplyDelete