Jun 7, 2011

Catch Up....

I have really slacked on posting lately!  Things sure have been busy.  So here is a little bit of whats been going on around my neck of the woods....

First Up....
My dear friends Kristin and Timothy welcomed their precious baby boy, Braylen Thomas Gray, into the world on ,Wednesday, June 1st!

Chris and I feel so blessed to be their friends- what a wonderful season of life they are entering.  We could not be happier for them!

We were able to visit them in the hospital- she had the easiest pregnancy and delivery.  I could not believe how smoothly things went- i think she was even surprised herself.  Her experience makes me anxious to have babies of my own! :)

They were released from the hospital Friday and Chris and I went to visit them on Sunday evening- we brought them dinner and some goodies!  They are really adjusting well to life with their newest family member! 

He is the sweetest little boy- I cannot wait to get over there and see him again. 

My other sweet friend Emily- will be taking Braylen's new born photos this Sunday.  She has so graciously offered to do these- she is really fabulous behind the camera!  I can't wait to see how they come out!

Any tips or tricks for the newborn session- send them over!  I will be there Sunday to help where I'm needed- any excuse to see sweet Braylen again :)

Next Up....
My dear fiends, Sara and Emily, hosted a wedding shower for me this past Saturday!  It was my first shower- and let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL!  I really have the sweetest friends!  They did such a great job on all of the details, they really made me feel special!

I got so many great gifts.  Chris and I have the best friends and family!

Round 2 begins this weekend- my friends Mary and Jennifer are hosting my second shower in Burlington this Saturday!  I am super excited about this one too!

Last but certainly not least....
Chris and I had our engagement photos taken this past Sunday!  We contacted the photographer that did my cousins wedding- and let me tell you, she is amazing!  She is so talented- and also a really fun person!

I was so worried about the engagement session- I've never had professional photographs done so i was unsure about what to expect.  She made the entire process so easy.  She was so good about telling us how to stand, which way to turn, what to do, etc.  I am so glad she did this- she really made the day easy for Chris and I.  Despite it being in the mid 90's that day we had a great time!  We had the pictures done at Fisher Park here in Greensboro- its a beautiful park in the middle of a historic neighborhood.  The houses are stunning and enormous!

Jen, our photographer, even let us bring the dogs to join the photo shoot!   I cannot wait to see how they turn out- i am so excited!

She did send me a sneak peek today- visit:  http://www.jenyuson.com/blog/?p=912

I will be sure to post more of them when she is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment