Apr 12, 2011

Meet the family!

Both Chris and I are huge animal lovers- when we started dating I was excited to learn that he had a dog too. I couldn't wait to get our dogs together- and as Chris and I developed our relationship, so did the dogs. They have become such great buddys - they're truly 'two peas in a pod'! So without further ado....



Beazley Vestal

Beazley is a mut that I adopted from the Animal Protection Society of Orange County almost 3 years ago. He was brought to the shelter when he was just 5 days old- he and his brother were found on the side of the road. He lived in the shelter for the first 3-4 months of his life. When I first bought my home in Greensboro I knew that I wanted to get a dog of my own right away- I felt like that would make my home complete. One sunday while 'visiting' the shelter to see what dogs were available for adoption- Beazley (named Rerun at the time) caught my eye. I just knew at that moment that I had to help this sweet dog. I signed the papers on the spot and Beazley and I never looked back!

Beazley is the most gentle dog i know- he is definitely a 'mommas boy'. By far his favorite thing to do is sleep. Most often you will catch Beazley snoozing in the back bedroom while everyone else is hanging out in the living room. He is the first one to jump in the bed at night and the last one to get up in the morning. From what I can tell Beazley is both Hound and Lab. He has the 'howel' of a beagle or hound and the coat of a Lab. I belive he also has some Greyhound in him - by the way he runs and sits. He loves to hang with his brother, go for walks, rides, and snuggle with his mom!

Current Stats-

Age- 3

Weight- 54lbs

Birthday- April 15, 2008



Dutch Collins

Dutch is a Pit Bull that Chris adopted a little over 7 years ago. A man was selling Pit Bull puppies on the side of the road in Greensboro. Chris was interested in getting a puppy so he stopped by- Dutch was by far the most active puppy in the group. Chris knew as soon as he saw Dutch that he would be a good addition to his home- they have been best buds ever since.

Dutch is still the most active 'puppy' i know. He has so much energy all the time. By far his favorite thing to do is go for walks outside and eat. He loves to play catch with his dad too. Most often you will find Dutch wherever Chris is- he is never far from his side. He has a big bark but is really very gentle, he sounds much scarier than he is. He loves to play with his brother, chew his kong, check his bowl for food and snuggle with his dad!

Current Stats-

Age- 7

Weight- 56lbs

Birthday- February 21, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment