Sep 23, 2013

The Struggle

My last update wasn't really the happiest, Chris and I are in a much better place mentally today.  Although, not a day goes by that i don't think about my little jellybean.  It is still so hard to hear about everyone else's pregnancies, not that i'm mad at them, it just is a reminder of where i should have been, but in reality where i am not.  I am so happy for all of my friends that are expecting (lord knows most of my friends are), but it is still hard.  The pain is still very much there. In fact i would have been 23 weeks this past weekend....its hard to imagine.  One thing i have learned through all of this is that people that have not been through a loss of some sort, have a hard time relating.  Which is ok, before i went through this i had no idea what the feeling was like.  Unfortunately now i do know what it feels like and i can be more sensitive to others going through similar situations.  I also think our struggle to have a baby has taught me many things.  I find that people that have never struggled to have a baby have a hard time understanding also.  I get a lot of comments from people that don't know how their words impact me, me being someone who has struggled- i've learned that these comments are not intentional and that they really just don't understand the depths of the situation.
I've gotten everything from....

".....Just stop 'trying' and it will happen....."
".....Stop stressing about it......"
to
"......just relax and have fun....."
and mannnny more....

Obviously i've tried all of those and more :)  Its a tough thing to hear when you are going through infertility treatments with a doctor.  I feel like all my time is spent at appointments- blood work this, test that.  Although i know one day i will look back at this time and know that all of this was worth it- it is just hard to stay positive sometimes.  It is crazy to think that Chris and I started this journey almost 2 years ago.  I never imagined that i would have experienced all that i have- but i know our story is just starting, after all i do have a pretty great guardian angel watching over me.

2 comments:

  1. You are so strong! I know you are going to get through this and you and Chris are going to be the best parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. You and Chris deserve every happiness. It WILL happen for you. You WILL hold a little one in your arms one day. Sending prayers and so much love!!

    ReplyDelete