Feb 26, 2013

William Vestal Scott

I am thrilled to announce that my precious nephew, William Vestal Scott, has arrived.  I was so incredibly anxious that i was going to miss his birth.  Not only did he arrive before i left for my trip but he also arrived on the 3 month anniversary of my fathers death.  I woke up on February 19th really sad.  I have been really sad lately and missing my dad more than ever.  It was a rainy day and i was feeling sorry for myself.  I just feel like the loss of my dad isn't fair....i know its a silly way to feel.  But i was having a bit of a pity party.  I got a call early that morning that my sister thought she might be in labor.  I waited until i heard she was admitted to the hospital and then i took off for Richmond.  It was probably the most emotional car ride of my life.  I was happy and sad all at the same time.  I cried for 90% of the ride- just wanting my dad to have been able to be a part of this.  I know he would have been so excited.  I know he had a hand in this and i know he got the see the birth of his first grandchild from heaven.  I would have loved to have been able to give the new grandpa a hug that day.  Seeing my nephew be born was probably one of the most special things i have ever been a part of.  I am so thankful to my sister and brother in law for being so generous to let me participate- it is a day i will never forget.  The way that i felt in the moment he was born was unbelievable- i cant even imagine what they were feeling meeting their son for the first time.  It was and is a miracle.  What a special name for a special boy- he has brought so much joy in such a sad time in our lives- so thankful for him. 

William Vestal Scott
Born 2/19/13 at 8:00 PM 
Weighing 7 lbs 7 oz 
20 1/4 inches long








I am so proud of my family.  The best is yet to come...

2 comments:

  1. Love him. Love this. Love y'all. You know, I truly believe your dad had a hand in picking the 19th for William's birthday. Can't wait to watch William learn and grow. I know he'll do his namesake proud. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on becoming an Auntie! I am so glad you got to be there for his birth and witness such an amazing miracle! I know for sure your Dad had a talk with God about cheering you up that day. He is still making you smile even from heaven. Love you!

    ReplyDelete