Jan 9, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas was hard this year- for obvious reasons, however, at the same time it as also really nice.  Christmas gave us something to celebrate and something to focus on.  We kept all of our usual traditions this year, just as if my dad were here.  I know he would have wanted us to do that.  With the holidays over, i am anxious to begin the new year.  I know this year will bring so many happy things, i just wish dad were here to be a part of it too.  I know he is looking down and is so proud.

Here are some highlights from our holidays...

Mom's tree- Chris and I helped her decorate.  I have to say, and she agrees, that this is the most beautiful tree she has ever had.  I loved the way it turned out.


Mom got Lora and I this ornament ...it is so special to me.  I love the quote that it has on it and the Christmas poem that came with it.  I keep it in a memory box (more on that later).


We had lots of presents to open both at our house and at my in laws.  Chris and I truly had a wonderful Christmas. We spent time with the people that we love the most and really appreciated their company.



We rang in the new year by ourselves at home.  We are very much looking for healing, contentment, and growth this year.  We are also excited for what 2013 will bring, one things for sure, my sweet neice/nephew will be here before i know it.  






1 comment:

  1. I love the ornament what a great way to remember your Dad!

    ReplyDelete